The Defenders of Awesome (DOA) series has a big reputation and these boards back it up. As winners of the most coveted design award in snowboarding for an unprecedented seven years in a row, this model became our #1 selling snowboard and one of the most sought-after snowboards in the world.
The DOA features a next-generation hybrid camber design that delivers the pop and response of a cambered board with the predictability of reverse camber and is now available in an extended range of wide sizes. With construction technology like an upgraded Dual Blaster Ashpo Core, Fortress Kevlar Bound Sidewalls, and a high-speed Quantum Drive base advancing these boards beyond their modest retail price, the DOA series stands proud as the ultimate go anywhere, do anything freestyle deck.
Rider Type: All Mountian / Freestyle
Shape: True Twin
Flex: 5.5 (1 Soft – 10 Stiff) Medium
Rocker: Rocker / Camber / Rocker
Ability Level: Intermediate / Advanced
- Rider Ability: Intermediate / Advanced: With a medium flex, high-performance core, and Camber dominant design. The Capita D.O.A is designed for everybody from intermediate riders looking for a board to step up and progress on, all the way through to advanced/expert riders looking for a high-performance freestyle board.
- Riding Style: All Mountain/Freestyle: A super versatile design that’s as suited to side hits and park laps as it is to groomers.
- Flex: 5.5/10
- A Medium flex allows for a board that’s a good middle ground between stability at speed, pop, drive out of turns, and still being playful
- Profile: RESORT V1 PROFILE: RESORT V1 Profile boards take full advantage of the benefits of traditional camber, zero camber, and reverse camber. This next-generation design allows you to get the pop and response of a cambered board with all the predictability and easy turn initiation of zero camber or reverse camber shapes.
- Shape: True Twin: True Twin Snowboards are perfectly symmetrical in both the nose and tail allowing for a versatile ride that can handle regular or switch riding equally well.
- Core: FSC Certified Dual Core: A blend of Poplar and Beechwoods that allow for a lightweight design, and awesome pop and snap. While remaining durable. FSC Certified cores also are made in a way that is environmentally, economically, and socially responsible way.
- Glass: Special Blend Fiberglass Magic Bean Resin: A blend of both Tri-axial and Bi-axial glasses, bound together with a plant-based resin. This is designed to be high density yet low weight, and the outcome is a more powerful and dynamic ride than you would find in a lot of glass solutions out there.
- Additives: Fortress TM Kevlar Bound Sidewalls + 2 x 30 mm Carbon Fibre Beams
- Base: Sublimation Base: As base material is thicker and more opaque than top sheets, graphics become more vibrant when ink impregnates the material as opposed to other techniques where the ink is applied to one side or the other
- Multi-tech TM Level 4 Deep Space TM Silkscreen + PAM 16000 TM Top sheet w/ Metallic Underlay
- Sublimation Base
- PLT Top sheet Technology TM
- 360 Degree HRC48 Steel Edges
- Full ABS 1000 Sidewalls
- Stainless Steel 4 x 2 Inserts
|Effective Edge (mm)||1222||1233||1256|
|Tip Width (mm)||295||298||230|
|Waist Width (mm)||250||252||254|
|Tail Width (mm)||295||298||230|
|Sidecut Radius (m)||7.9||8||8.1|
|Stance Range (in)||252||252||262|
|Stance Range (mm)||639||639||664|
|Rider Weight (lbs)||120-180||130-190||140-200|